happy happy new year! :) i hope you all had a wonderful holiday!
i just came back from Banff today and though it was a very short trip (just one night), it was super fun. went snow tubing at Mt. Norquay and hot-tubbing at the Hidden Ridge Resort. at first i was scared of tubing because i had no idea what it entailed but it's seriously fun stuff! you grab an inflated tube, stand on a conveyor belt kind of thing (a magic carpet) which takes you up and then slide down these large snow lanes. reminds me of those carpet rides at amusement parks. there are staff members at the top that get everyone 'boarded' - you can go single-file or in groups as big as 7 (depending on the staff member and how many they can spin). very sweet!
i know people have dedicated posts to their new year resolutions but i am absolutely horrible at keeping them so let's just make a general blogging-related one: blog more! yessss!
and to do this, i need to finish my round of October unboxings... so let's get started here!
October's BB5 "Take it Easy":
1) Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion - very simple moisturizer... no SPF :(
retail value: $6.99 (226 g)
2) ModelCo Cheek + Lip Tint in "Rosy Red" - i received this in my Glossybox in March earlier last year. back then, i also received a full-sized version (10 mL). i mentioned that this product was great for adding color to your cheeks - you only need a tiny amount - but it didn't work too well on the lips. please click the link for swatches!
retail value: $22 (10 mL)
3) SwissCo Glitter Toe Spacers - i am not exactly impressed with these since they are your very basic toe separators but sparkly...
retail value: $2
4) La Fresh Travel-Lite Facial Cleansing Wipes - also not something exciting since i've received so many La Fresh wipes, i've lost count.
retail value: $19.99 (48 wipes)
5) Nubar Nail Lacquer in "N295-7 Kristal" - this color is part of Nubar's Alter Ego Collection which was released this holiday season and features 8 3D glitter top coat polishes. on the website, it is listed as "Krystal" instead of "Kristal" and is described as a sheer silver white with multi-color sparkles and Mylar. what is Mylar? well a quick Google search tells us that it is often used to give that flakie/fleck nail polish effect. this polish is pretty but i feel like i have a few of these in my collection already. Nubar is hard to find though - i've only seen them at Winners stores. and i didn't even know they made mini polishes.
retail value: $8 (15 mL)
so everything is so... let's see here... SMALL. small in size or small in value. the Aveeno, ModelCo, La Fresh and Nubar products are all mini-sizes and then the one full-sized product - toe spacers - are worth $2. the total value of the box is $20.96 (the Aveeno moisturizer was worth less than $1). BB5 costs US$12 and the highest dollar value was the ModelCo tint but i've already received that in a prior box so the value is much less in my books. BB5 is normally not this disappointing so maybe it was just a bad month. we will have to see for November... which i should get onto stat! :)