work has been busy busy busy! lots of year-end stuff to do as well as prepare for an audit.
also, happy chinese new year! i spent the day visiting a couple of temples, walked around a mall and just altogether, spending time with the family.
so as i try my best to catch up, here are my quick thoughts on the November "Glam It Up" bag for ipsy...
1) Be a Bombshell Lip Crayon in "Shameless"A glossy lip crayon with a smooth texture that is perfect for travel and touch-ups on the go.
retail value: $14
promotion: 40% off online purchase and free lip gloss until Dec 15, 2013 [US only; expired]
2) Pixi Beauty Beauty Bronzer in "Subtly Suntouched"This bronzing powder gives your complexion the warmth and luminosity of naturally sunkissed skin. Hydrating, silky-smooth & long-wearing, it also protects against free radicals. Contains Vitamin E to protect the skin and mica, which provides dense natural pigment.
"Subtly Suntouched" is medium honey tan - we all know how many bronzers i own right? well if you didn't, let's just say too (too too) many. although i've always wanted to try more Pixi products (always tempted by their display at Target), i feel like the price range for this makeup line is too high. maybe it's the shiny plastic packaging?
size: 3.2 g (full size!)
retail value: $18
promotion: 25% off online purchase until Dec 15, 2013 [US only; expired]
3) EM Michelle Phan Lip Gallery Creamy Color Sheer Lipstick in "I'm Taken All Red-y"Inspired by the girl who believes less is more. A fresh tint of just right color for a dreamy pout. Lightweight, creamy texture with sheer, buildable color quality. Silky shine finish and conditioning comfort.
so this was the product that was highly anticipated with Michelle Phan's release of her makeup line. i like the idea of a sheer red lipstick since these can help ease the transition to a full red lip. oh and the name is quite cute.
it looks red in the swatch below but in reality, it is more orange. it's light and shiny on the lips and since it is a sheer lipstick, you can easily remove it with a tissue. more swatches below!
size: 3.5 g (full size!)
retail value: $15
promotion: 30% off online purchase until Nov 30, 2013 [US only; expired]
4) HSI Professional Argan Oil Leave-In Hair TreatmentDiscover HSI Professional Argan Oil, the product your hair needs for constant nourishment and incredible shine! The essential nutrients contained in this magic-in-a-bottle product are meant to give your hair a very healthy look, lots of shine and velvet smoothness. Use as a leave-in treatment conditioner, heat protectant or frizz tamer. Suitable for all hair types.
hair oils! that's another thing i have too much of... not much to say here since it's like all other hair oils to me.
size: 5 mL
retail value: $29.99 (60 mL)
promotion: 50% off online purchase until Dec 20, 2013 [expired]
5) Nailtini Nail Lacquer in "127 Caviar Cocktail"Glamour is an attitude as much as a look, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't look the part...all the way down to your fingertips! Just in time for the year's most glamorous season, nailtini is serving ipsters gorgeous nails in two shimmering shades - icy golden Champagne and molten pewter Caviar Cocktail. The perfect finishing touch to glam it up head to toe!
is it weird to say that one of the colors i try to avoid wearing on my nails is grey? i don't know but i just find it a very unflattering color on me. Nailtini describes this pearly polish as a shimmering gunmetal grey. i am putting this in my give away/sell stash though. let me know if you are interested!
retail value: $13
promotion: 50% off $25+ online purchase and free eyeliner until Dec 31, 2013 [US only; expired]
6) Starlooks Gem Eye Pencil in "GP06 Amethyst"
The Starlooks Gem Eye Pencils provide a magnificent metallic finish and are so versatile, soft, and creamy that they can be used as a liner or eyeshadow base! Each highly-pigmented, unique pencil has a gorgeous, micro-glitter finish.
this eye pencil is really pretty. "Amethyst" is a gorgeous light shimmery purple. it is very pigmented and goes on so smoothly. i like to use it on the inner corners of my eyes but just so you know, the glitter may migrate to your cheeks by the afternoon.
retail value: $14
promotion: 40% off online purchase until Dec 15, 2013 [expired]
again, ipsy with plenty of makeup items. i'm not blown away by everything here but mainly because i already have a ton of the same item (i.e. bronzer, hair oil). the Starlooks eye pencil was pretty impressive and the em sheer lipstick isn't bad either.
random Q - what are you guys hooked on watching these days? i was browsing Netflix and decided to start 'Sherlock'. just finished my first episode and so tempted to just watch another one but i have work tomorrow and each episode is like a movie... hahaha what to do!