i received my package from Gen (Beautiful Onyx and Mick) last week after winning her "Let's Hang on to Summer" Giveaway. i was delighted to find out i was one of two winners to her giveaway - thanks so much Gen, the soaps smell divineeeeeeee.
i also did not expect to receive a set of SIX Fortune Cookie Soaps. for some reason, i was under the impression that i was getting one soap so imagine my surprise when i found out i now have six!
before receiving the package, Gen sent me an email telling me about how the soaps may appear moist. i completely understand and actually see that some of the moisture caused the pink tissue paper to bleed onto the wrappers. still, everything is amazing! i have never tried Fortune Cookie Soaps but i have read about Gen's unboxings before and have been very intrigued by these cute soaps.
the Fortune Cookie Soap website no longer carries these summer edition soaps so i will attempt to describe the scent myself...
1) "Private Beach" - the most subtle scent of the six that is both fruity and floral
2) "Summer Sweet Tea" - sweet green tea with a hint of limes/lemons
3) "Pool Party" - a strong scent of what an "ocean" candle would smell like
4) "Beach Bunny" - slightly coconut-y... also reminds of gummy candies (it looks gummy too!)
5) "Pinky Swear" - smells strongly of jackfruit (an Asian fruit that can often be found in cans with syrup) and bananas
6) "Road Trip" - strong scent of honeysuckle flowers (did anyone else used to pluck these and pull out the bulbs - is that what they are called?- and squeeze out the nectar?)
they are also specially marked "Not intended for Human consumption" - haha!
my favorite scents are "Summer Sweet Tea" and "Road Trip" but i love the look of "Private Beach", "Pool Party" and "Pinky Swear".
i decided to use "Beach Bunny" first. it does not lather as much as a regular soap would, but it's also because Fortune Cookie Soaps use "gunk-free" ingredients: no parabens, no synthetic preservatives, etc, etc. the fortune cookie shape actually helps to prevent the soap from slipping out of your hands. after one use, it still looks exactly the same so i am sure i will be using this soap for a while!
here's the fortune i got from "Pool Party":
i really love these Fortune Cookie Soaps! thanks so much Gen for your generosity! :)