the September Ipsy bag was all about Street Style and came in a metallic grey studded bag.
1) Crown Brush : Deluxe Infinity Shadow/Crease Duet Brush (C476)
This dual-ended brush offers the best of both worlds. The shadow brush is perfect for applying eye shadow or contouring the eye, while the crease brush is designed to be used dry for defining the eye, or wet for precision concealing.
size: 1 brush (full size!)
retail value: $17.50 (on sale for $6.99)
promotion: 30% off $25 or more online purchase with code CROWNIPSY30; expires Dec 31, 2014
this duet brush is part of the Infinity series which are made of synthetic fibers. i have not owned any other dual-ended brush prior to this and although it is useful to just flip the brush over when applying eye shadow, it is a tad more difficult to store. if i store it upright, one of the ends is going to get bent... hmmmmm.
2) Hikari : Lipstick in 'Cabernet'Amp up the color with Hikari’s richly colored lip stick. The high pigmented formula glides on smoothly with a matte finish. Layer this formula to build color for a perfectly enchanted pout.
size: 3.8 g (full size!)
retail value: $13.00
promotion: 30% off online purchase with code HIKARI30; US only; expires Oct 31, 2014
the packaging looks exactly like Be a Bombshell... so i am thinking the two companies buy their cosmetics from the same company and just put their labels on it. the black box and the sticker are exactly the same (check out some Be a Bombshell products here and here).
on the website, "Cabernet" is described as a rich red wine (which sounds about right). in the swatch on my lips, the color is not so pink but a deeper red. it is however, that pigmented - which i really like. i didn't find it drying and it is like the perfect color for fall. love!
3) Pacifica : Natural Eye Pencil in 'Fringe'These rich water-proof, buttery smooth eye pencils glide on smooth and deliver big color pay off with every stroke. Long-lasting natural formula, provides hours of wear and contains beneficial ingredients great for the sensitive eye area.
size: 0.73 g
retail value: $11.00 (2.8 g)
promotion: 20% off online purchase with code FallBeauty; US and Canada only; expires Oct 31, 2014
the color 'Fringe' is essentially a brown. i haven't used an eye pencil in sooo long, let alone one that was not black. somebody suggested using this for eyebrows... i might just have to try that!
4) Briogeo : Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning MaskRepair and treat dry, damaged and breaking hair with Don't Despair, Repair!™ deep conditioning mask. Fortified with ultra-hydrating avocado, sweet almond & argan oils, strengthening keratin protein, power-conditioning rosehip oil, soothing aloe, and super hair-essential vitamins B5, D, A, E and biotin. This unique complex of targeted ingredients helps increase hair elasticity and moisture to prevent breakage, promotes healthy shine and luster, and replenishes strength. Comprised of 95 percent naturally-derived ingredients. This product is free of parabens, sulfates, phthalates, silicones, artificial fragrances, artificial dyes, and gluten. It is cruelty-free and contains organic ingredients.
size: 29.57 mL
retail value: $26.00 (155 mL)
promotion: free shipping with code IPSYSEP14; US only; expires Oct 15, 2014
i am not one for hair masks but i figured that since i did indeed get my hair dyed recently, i might as well try this. it softened up my hair and i really enjoy the sweet almond scent.
5) Nourish Organic : Moisturizing Cream Face Cleanser with Cucumber + Watercress
This gentle cleanser washes away impurities without drying, irritating or causing redness. Cucumber hydrates and soothes. Watercress, rich in antioxidants, helps protect skin from free radical damage. Alcohol-Free. Gluten-Free. Vegan.
size: 30 mL
retail value: $13.99 (177 mL)
promotion: 30% off any facial product with code IPSY30; US and Canada; expires Nov 30, 2014
the cleanser says fragrance-free but there is a scent to it - which i do not particularly like. maybe it's the watercress? not sure what watercress is supposed to smell like though.
aaaaaand that's it. it is a pretty decent ipsy bag. nothing too fancy but some key mentions include the Hikari lipstick and the Crown dual-ended brush.
AT THIS MOMENT ...
currently listening: anything by Jessie Ware [Wildest Moments / Want Your Feeling | If You're Never Gonna Move / Sweet Talk / Running]
just watched: City of God
still watching: Doctor Who Season 3
now reading: When God Was a Rabbit