Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

POLISHED: Color Club Halo Hues Nail Lacquer in "Kismet"

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

i must have been at Winners for about 2 hours before i was forced to check out my items at closing time - it is amazing how time flies by when you are shopping there! as i rounded the corner and passed by all the items intended to lure you in last minute, i came to a halt in front of some nail polish.

and then, there it was.
sitting there, sparkling and twinkling with all its friends.

it was "Kismet".

hah! i am hilarious.

but no, seriously, i was in love! the Color Club's 2013 Halo Hues Collection has been all over the blogosphere and i've been wondering when i would finally see them in Canada. but alas, i must be smart about my spending! i walked away with only "Kismet" but i am thinking of searching for at least one more... it may be "Cosmic Fate" ;)
"996 Kismet" (15 mL) is a lovely yellow-green holo. this is only my second holo but i haven't seen many in this color before. it applied like a dream - no problems at all and dried quickly. i found the brush very easy to use as well. i also love how resistant it is to damage - i've been wearing it for 2 days with no top coat and there are no chips, dents or scratches. with a lot of the Essie polishes, i see little dents within a couple of hours. i thought the coverage was almost completely opaque at 2 coats but i did 3 just because you cannot get too much of a holo.
i picked this up at Winners for $7.99.

i took a gazillion pictures to capture the beauty of this polish. my hands are in a claw-like pose because i didn't want my thumb to feel left out. please excuse my cuticles! one of them suffered a paper cut recently :(

one coat:

two coats:

three coats:


the Halo Hues Collection can be separated into 2 parts: 6 polishes released in late 2012 and then 6 more this year. the colors released this year seem to be more vibrant and fun :)
check out the first 6 here (2012) and the next 6 (2013).

which ones are on your wishlist?

14 comments:

  1. oo I love it! definitely loving the purple and black from the 2013 collection :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the Winners near me didn't have ANY so i was about to freak out but found the black one at another location, phew!!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE! I still have not worn Kismet yet (I bought the whole 2013 collection), I only tried ONE =O. I haven't had much time to change my nail colors frequently because of school, but break is coming & I can not wait to try them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooooh yay! i wish i could get the whole collection! haha
      which one are you going to wear next??

      Delete
  3. Hahah..I couldn't resist. I bought them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol of course you did aleks, i would too if i could! :)

      Delete
  4. Your cuticles and nails are looking mighty fine! I can't even see the paper cut!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's pretty! I received a few Color Club polishes in some past Birchboxes, but nothing like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi lisa!!
      it would be awesome if we can get holos in beauty boxes :)

      Delete
  6. oh! Holos are swiftly becoming my favorite type of polish, this one is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love love love it :) i now have the black "Beyond" one too - will do a swatch later!

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous! I picked up two the other day, but I'll probably buy more this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nice! which ones do you have in your collection now?

      Delete

thank you for reading! i appreciate your feedback and i read them all!
have a fantastic day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...