Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

REVIEW: Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids Lipsticks

oh Maybelline, you have me hooked!
when i first saw these Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids on store shelves, i knew i was in trouble.
when i saw Jayne post about them and say: "I know you'll get these Helen, you love lippies!!", i was doomed. there was no fighting it, she had already written my fate.

and so, i picked up one last week. then i went back the next day and got another one. and now i am trying to decide which one i want next!

the Color Sensational Vivids Lipsticks (4.2 g) come in the rectangular shape like the other Color Sensational lippies but with a clear plastic orange cap. all of them come in the orange cap so don't let that confuse you :)
there are 8 Vivids available in Canada and 10 in the States - according to the website, we missed out on "Neon Red" and "Hot Plum" but i found "Hot Plum" in stores and not "Brazen Berry" - has anyone seen "Brazen Berry"?
you all know of my love for corals so it's no surprise that i picked up "870 Shocking Coral" and "885 Vibrant Mandarin". the names for these fit the color so perfectly - when i look at my lips, the color definitely screams "shocking" and "vibrant" and i love it! i am not one for bright colors usually but this lipstick line has opened a whole new world for me.

"Shocking Coral" is a beautifully bright pinky coral lipstick. i really enjoy wearing this color which i find is perfect for spring.
"Vibrant Mandarin" is another bright color but in the orange-y red of the color spectrum.
both of these colors are extremely pigmented - it makes me so excited that i can get such great color payoff from a drugstore lipstick. they have a honey nectar formula which i think is why the lipstick also smells sort of sweet. it feels nice on the lips and doesn't feel drying. the color itself lasts a good 4+ hours or until you eat.

for me, i feel like i can't just throw on this lipstick and walk out the door. the lip color becomes such a focal point on my face that i feel the need to balance it out a bit with other makeup.

i took a couple pictures with and without flash to show off the brightness of the colors:
top: natural light; bottom: with flash
with flash - aren't they gorgeous?

here are some arm and lip swatches:
top: natural light; bottom: with flash

if you like it bright and bold, you can apply it straight from the tube to get this look:

but if this is a bit of a step outside your comfort zone, try using a lip brush to control the amount of color you apply to your lips:

i purchased these at Walmart for $5.96 each! what a steal!
i am debating between "Fuchsia Flash" or "Hot Plum"/"Brazen Berry" as my next purchase - should i go for the hot pink or a (gasp) purple?? let me know what you think!

10 comments:

  1. Yay! You finally tried the ones you purchased! I bought two, and then I started buying them one by one & now, I have 8 out of 10!! I don't want the other two though, so... I guess I'm good for now. I hope they come out with more bright shades, it's such a good deal for bright lipsticks :) I like how you showed it with using a lip brush too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha wow lisa that is amazing!!
      i just picked up 2 more yesterday... from the limited edition line! did you buy any of those ones?

      Delete
  2. I have both, the vivids are amazing! Did you check out Vivid Rose?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that was the first color i was contemplating! maybe i should go back ... :)

      Delete
  3. The swatches are beautiful, but I feel like I have enough brights so I will probably skip out on these

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jasmine :)
      hehe as for me, i don't have enough yet... which is why i got 2 more yesterday!

      Delete
  4. Ohhh you got them!!! LOL, I DID write your fate didn't I? I'm so glad you like them, they are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes Jayne!!! lolol i really like them!
      i actually have 2 more now...

      Delete
  5. I'm thinking of getting some lippies from this line too. And you just convinced me, I love shocking coral.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i especially love that color!
      which ones are you getting?

      Delete

thank you for reading! i appreciate your feedback and i read them all!
have a fantastic day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...