soooooo i am stuck in Fernie right now due to poor road conditions but i am not complaining since i actually have time to put this post up right away! (had to call in to work though... not sure how well they took it since i've only been there for a little over a month!)
i bring you Glossybox's One Year Anniversary Box which i received just last Friday (March 1). i am totally trying to do these posts quicker for you... i still have my ipsy one to do but i can't upload those pictures yet since i don't have the right camera with me :/
just take a look at this pretty packaging! the pink, the bow... it really makes you hope that the contents inside are not a disappointment (Glossybox actually delivers this month!)
February's box of love:
"Coral Frenzy" is described as a soft coral. on my lips, the coral hardly shows but the shimmer is definitely there. the floral-scented gloss has a brush applicator and lasts about three hours on me. i like that it feels lightweight on my lips. at first, i would've said it was non-sticky, but after trying Benefit's lip glosses, i'd have to say that this one feels stickier than that.
on the Sephora website, the scent is described thoroughly - with top notes, middle notes and base notes - like a true fragrance - i am guessing that Givenchy put a lot of thought into the smell of their lip glosses.
retail value: $30 (6 mL)
2) Essence Quattro Eyeshadow in "03 Vamp It Up" - i've tried a ton of Essence products since i love the range and how affordable it is but i haven't tried their eyeshadows. the colors of "Vamp It Up" look fun and are colors that i'd use so i gladly opened this.
retail value: $3.99
3) Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips (Ultra) - ooo i am going to have some fun nights with these! the last time i used them was in August and it was my first time in a long time. the strips got really hard around my nose and i felt that it worked pretty good. yay for no blackheads!
retail value: $9.99
4) Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil Treatment - it seems like hair oils are getting really popular now... this specific brand has been widely talked about on the blogosphere and i'm glad that we get to try a full sized version of it! i've been using this on the ends of my dry hair and it feels softer and actually looks healthier.
not exactly sure how to describe the scent to you but it is what you'd think macadamia oil would smell like...
retail value: $13.50
5) Anatomicals You Need A Blooming Shower! Your Nose Smells Rose Body Cleanser - this cleanser is now called "Rose and Jasmine Body Cleanser". i think Glossybox might have gotten a load of the old packaging but i am not complaining since i have never heard of this English brand and i am happy to try it.
it is interesting how they use they term "blooming" as you learn from the excerpt on the back. the paraben-free cleanser smells like roses and it might smell really strong when you sniff it right from the cap but when i use it in the shower, it is actually not overpowering.
retail value: $3
6) *bonus* Eucerin Hyal-Urea Anti-Wrinkle Day/Night Cream Sachet - i haven't tried it yet but it is nice to try the day version and the night one together; although, i do not have "dry and very dry" skin...
retail value: $18.50 (50 mL) each
7) *bonus* Crabtree & Evelyn Tarocco Orange Ultra-Moisturising Hand Therapy Sachet - i have never tried Crabtree & Evelyn products before, even though i have walked by a couple of their stores. ever since i tried the Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange body butter, i have taken a liking to blood orange scents so i think i will like this. it would be nice to too, since the Glossybox card says to stay tuned for a full size version!
retail value: $8 (25 g)
8) *bonus* Glossybox Glossy Anniversary Cupcake Kit - this was a cute idea to celebrate the first year anniversary. i haven't baked cupcakes for a while now but now that i have these...
retail value: N/A
so as expected, Glossybox stepped up their game with their anniversary box. why, there were even a number of non-drugstore items in the box!! the packaging and bonus items were also a nice touch. sadly, i don't think these occasional great boxes make up for the other ones including the discontinued/expired product issue and the price hike.
what are your feelings on February's box?