well hooray for arriving yesterday so it counts for being in April i guess. hopefully the delay back in March does not continue to carry forward in the upcoming months.
you know how i was astonished at how heavy the March Glossybox was? well this one was even heavier! it was almost 1 kg (960 g to be exact).
upon first glance, i realized why this was:
pretty full hey?
aside from the products, the black envelope contained a note from Glossybox with the products list and a Wella Professionals brochure (as well as a bonus sample which i will mention later).
Glossybox's April samples:
1) Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer - first off, full size! and it's huge! it has all the things i look for in a moisturizer: SPF, oil-free, non-comedogenic... hooray! i was about to run out of my current Nivea Light Moisturizing Day Care which is really hydrating and works all day for me.
it's funny though, i received a sample of the same Aveeno moisturizer as a gift in my last Beyond the Rack purchase but the difference is that it is SPF 30. i checked their website and you can purchase this product in SPF 15 or SPF 30.
i used this moisturizer today and i already like it. it is lightly scented and makes my skin super soft. one pump is the perfect amount for my face and neck.
size: 120 mL (full size!)
retail value: $22.99
2) Elizabeth Grant Skin Care Shower Gel in "Madagascar Vanilla" - another full size product! i used it today and i actually feel that my skin is softer from it. "Madagascar Vanilla" has a really strong vanilla scent to it which makes me feel like i am showering with cupcakes. i don't use shower gels often so i don't think i will be purchasing this item again but i will however use this until it is finished.
size: 240 mL (full size!)
retail value: $20
3) Wella Brilliance Conditioner Fine to Normal - i found it odd that i received a conditioner without a shampoo but heard that many received one in Glossybox Canada's very first box (which i missed out on) so that makes sense for them. oh well, i am always running out of conditioner faster than shampoo. this product says that there is "diamond dust" in it - what? i am not sure what that means and how would that work? won't this dust just wash out? ingredients actually include "diamond powder" (as the very last item)... interesting.
i am also a tad confused as to why i keep being sent hair products for "Fine to Normal" hair or for "Colored" hair when i have the opposite - thick uncolored hair.
size: 30 mL
retail value: $13.99 (250 mL)
4) Wella Brilliance Treatment Fine to Normal - again, diamond dust? i wasn't too sure as to how to use this treatment since there were no directions on it but someone on Facebook asked the same question. Glossybox replied saying to use it after shampooing and leave in it for 5 minutes then rinse. so i skipped my normal conditioner altogether and found that my hair is indeed softer after using this. both Wella products smell very sweet, like candy.
size: 25 mL
retail value: $13.99 (150 mL)
5) Marcelle Xtension Plus Mascara - yes you counted right, this is the 3rd full size product in the box! i am glad to try any mascara that can claim to give me a "lash-extension look without adding extensions" (you can see why from my posts on my actual experience with mink eyelash extensions) but i am still using my previous YSL mascara sample from February's Topbox. i will update you when i can!
size: 9 mL (full size!)
retail value: $12.50
6) *bonus* Marcelle BB Cream Beauty Balm in "Light to Medium" - BB creams are all the rage right now so it is nice to try a sample of Marcelle's version. it is a one-use sample that is apparently "formulated especially for Canadian women". it has an impressive list of 8 beneficial properties.
size: unknown - one-use sample
retail value: $22.95 (45 mL)
phew! that was indeed a big box. i am quite happy with Glossybox - i would say Topbox and Glossybox are my top 2 beauty box subscription services. i can use all the samples in the box and am impressed with the sizes of these products. if you are interested, check it out here.