since i am starting my no-buy today, it was only fitting that i start the new year with my very first empties post! it is one of my new year resolutions to use up what i have since i have filled another box with stuff that i have yet to touch.
i've never really been serious about new year resolutions before but i think this year i am going to try my best to stick to it! other things i hope to do this year is: get a job (or rather, a career since i'm all 'grown-up' now), become more active (my boyfriend got me a bike for Christmas so i am really excited to use this when it gets warmer), cut out soda (i did this before but my sister tricked me into drinking Coke again), use my sewing machine more (must finish the skirt i started in the summer) and to keep my finances organized (i even bought myself a receipt organizer - go me!).
this is my first empties post and i am excited to share this even though it is not an impressive list as compared to many other bloggers. especially since this was from both November and December... the list only includes products from beauty boxes right now - i have so much to go through that i haven't even had a chance to use up any of the stuff i bought myself.
nevertheless, i am glad that i am starting these empties posts since it will encourage me to keep going through my stash. too often i have started a sample, and then upon receiving a beauty box, i'd forget about it and switch to something new.
November's & December's Empties
from left to right, top to bottom (i did not find that some of the products below did anything different or special so i didn't comment beside it. pretty much, if it worked fine and did what it was supposed to do, then i left it blank. click on the links for my original post and more info about the products):
Fekkai Salon Technician Color Care Shampoo & Conditioner
* Global Goddess Shine Coconut Amla Revitalizing Hair Treatment - actually wasn't impressive. did not feel that my hair was any softer or shinier.
* Pantene Aqua Light Shampoo & Conditioner
* Aveda invati Shampoo & Conditioner - my boyfriend used these and the sample sizes honestly did not allow him to test it thoroughly. both of us were not a fan of the scent either.
* EVOLVh UltraShine Shampoo & Conditioner - i actually really enjoyed this duo! i felt that it made my hair softer and it was sulfate-free and paraben-free. i would probably get this with my Glymm points.
* Nexxus Therappe Shampoo & Humectress Conditioner
* Clear Total Care Conditioner *not pictured*
Dove VisibleCare Creme Body Wash
* Caudalie Crushed Cabernet Scrub - oh how this smelled very strongly of ginger (not a fan!!).
* Elizabeth Grant Shower Gel in "Madagascar Vanilla" - very nice bottle but it smelled way too sweet (as if cupcakes puked on me).
* Mereadesso Beautiful Body Balm - i am not usually that picky with scents, but i don't like this one either!
* Orlane Active Hydration Body Care - i do not know what is up with this lotion but it made my hands peel. i'd use it on my hands and minutes later, i'd rub them and feel little balls of skin... first time i'm glad that the sample is so tiny!
* LillyPilly Kakadu Plum Hand & Body Creme
CyberDERM PM Anti-Age - unique packaging but the scent was too herbal-y for me.
* CyberDERM H2O Hydration
* Philosophy purity 3-in-1 cleanser for face and eyes - i liked how gentle it was but that also meant it couldn't do anything for clearing my skin... had a few problematic pimples pop up.
* Kellett Moisturizing Gel
* BENTA BERRY G-1 Moisturizing Face Cream
* Dr. Brandt Collagen Eye Serum
* GlamGlow Mud Mask *not pictured* - very small sample but got a couple good uses. smelled like volcanic rock and made my skin soft. too pricey for me though!
i noticed that there is nothing makeup-related here since it is sooo hard to use those up! maybe this month? :)
what are your new years resolutions? happy new year everybody!!